PRF Composite Materials is a leading manufacturer and supplier based in Dorset on the south coast. Having made substantial investments over the past 3 years, including a new prepreg line, with a capacity of 1 million metres p.a., a new kitting and preforming facility, and new materials testing and process laboratories, we are now seeking a talented technical sales engineer to join the team. This role will focus on supplying prepreg and advanced composite materials into the Automotive, Defence, Motorsport and Aerospace industries.
The Technical Sales Engineer will be responsible for identification and conversion of key targets for PRF’s full range of prepreg materials, along with additional advanced composite materials. They will also be required to manage new and current accounts, and to identify, plan for and execute further opportunities for business development in these accounts. Working with the sales support team, they will report to the Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate will be a technically-minded, motivated individual, having studied engineering to graduate level and with comprehensive knowledge of prepreg and advanced composite materials. The candidate must have experience in the composites industry and must hold a practical knowledge of processing methods for these materials. For the sales side of the role, we are looking for an individual who is professional and thrives on building relationships, with the ability to perform under pressure in a target-driven role. The role would suit both an experienced composites salesperson or an individual experienced in manufacturing but keen to move to a commercial role; commercial awareness is essential and commercial experience is preferred.
This role will also require excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to proactively organise and manage a high workload. Full computer literacy, with an ability to work with Windows Office programs and CRM databases, is necessary.
- Development of PRF business across our prepreg and advanced materials ranges
- Meeting monthly and annual sales and performance targets
- Regular travel within the UK and occasionally overseas in order to establish a high volume of meetings with leads and customers
- Forecasting forward sales performance and planning strategies for conversion of leads
- Key account management; building and maintaining strong relationships with customers in motorsport, aerospace, automotive and defence industries
- Identifying and establishing new business and developing current and future accounts
- Providing technical support to customers
- Promotion of PRF products into the advanced composite industry at international trade shows
- Working independently and in close co-ordination with our in-house sales and sales support teams to co-ordinate customer contact and care
A competitive package is offered, including a company car.